Research stays of 1-3 months are available for the fall of 2018.
Successful candidates will participate in, and contribute to the international conference “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Challenges in Trade, Security and Environmental Policy” (FOTAR) on 16 and 17 November 2018 in Hamburg.
Research fellows will be based at the Institute for European Integration in Hamburg. During their stay, they are to conduct academic research focusing on current challenges in transatlantic relations within one of the following policy areas:
- Trade and Investment
- Peace and Security
- Environment and Climate
Fellows are further expected to:
- present their research in a seminar setting and produce a manuscript to be published in the institute's discussion paper series and/or submitted to an external journal
- participate in, and contribute to the “FOTAR” conference
Fellowships are open to researchers of the following disciplines: Political Science, Legal Studies, History, Cultural Sciences, Sociology, and Economics. Fellows will be selected by the Academic Board of the conference based on the following criteria:
- a convincing research agenda in one of the stated fields
- general academic excellence
- excellent English language skills
The fellowships provide stipends of 1,200 EUR/month for doctoral students and 2,200 EUR/month for post-doctoral researchers, as well as a travel allowance.
The deadline for applications is 8 July 2018. English language applications containing a CV and a concise, five-page research proposal in a single PDF-file, shall be submitted to:
Prof. Dr. Markus Kotzur, LL.M. (Duke)
Managing Director, Institute for European Integration